Professors of “Chang Jiang Scholars Program”
Seated by the coastline of the South China Sea and situated on the southern bank of the beautiful Pearl River, Sun Yat-sen university is a famous higher education institution founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen. Over the past?90-plus years, Sun Yat-sen University has developed into a comprehensive university covering a range of disciplines including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, medical sciences, pharmacology, and management sciences. In responding to the ongoing development needs of the university, we are seeking to recruit Chair Professors and Visiting Professors of “Chang Jiang Scholars Program” at home and abroad.
Applicants for Visiting Professors should meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants should have been working in the front line of teaching and scientific researching at overseas universities.
2. Applicants are supposed to hold the position of Professor or other equivalent positions at prestigious universities, and possess profound academic attainments, be influential in their own disciplines, and obtain well-recognized achievements in the world.
3. If employed, applicants should work in the university for at least 2 months per year.
Applicants for Chair Professors should meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree and have been working in the front line of teaching and scientific researching.
2. Applicants should be competent to teach core courses.
3. Applicants should possess profound academic attainments with academic achievements generally acknowledged by peer scholars at home and abroad. They should have great potentials in future development, innovative concepts and strategic thinking, and the ability to lead their disciplines to approach, maintain or surpass the internationally advanced levels.
4. Applicants should below the age of 45 on January 1 of the year of their application.
5. Foreign applicants are normally expected to have assumed the position not lower than Assistant Professor or other equivalent positions at prestigious universities, while domestic candidates are supposed to hold the position of Professor or other equivalent positions.
6. If employed, applicants should work full time in the university within a year of signing the contract.
The applicants can apply for discipline positions according to his/her research orientation. The university will give priority to national key disciplines, as well as some pillar disciplines which are closely related to the national key scientific and technological innovation platform, philosophy and social sciences innovation bases and State Key Laboratories.
III. Required Materials
1. Basic information: resume since college with a list of research accomplishments.
2. Job plan.
3. At least three letters of recommendation by noted scholars in the same field at home and abroad (including contact information of the recommenders).
Sun Yat-sen University will provide favorable conditions for studying and living in accordance with some government regulations. During the period of appointment, the Visiting Professor will be given a bonus of 30,000 yuan each month, which is paid according to the actual working months. While the Chair Professor will enjoy a post allowance of 200,000 yuan per year with decent salary, insurance as well as welfare provided by the university in line with relevant government regulations.
IV. Contact Information:
Address: School of Atmospheric Sciences
???????????????? Sun Yat-sen University
???????????????? No. 135, Xingang Xi Road
???????????????? Guangzhou, 510275
???????????????? P. R. China
Contact: Mr. Huang Xujun, Mr. Zhang Ziming